• MennoMelange
  • Monday, February 20, 2006

    a year to forget

    I officially have about a year to forget just how bad the weather for this race was. I wish I could do it again without the weather being so much of a factor. I was on a great pace, and the wind just killed me on the last hill. Actually, a lot of things went really well in this race, my legs felt great (better than any run I've had in weeks) and I kept up a decent pace for a long time. My result is posted at
    roadraceresults
    . I came in 38th overall.
    Recovering is a bit of a different story. My lungs and abs arent yet back to normal. So between that and the weather, I would say that I wouldn't bother with this race again next year. That is, unless I forget.

    Planning for vacation... I'm looking forward to the trip, partly because of the Giro d'Italia. Turns out there is a great big bike race going on while we are there. And we may even go watch part of it. I'm thinking of watching either the start or the end of the Team Time Trial, but I've never been a spectator at a bike race before, so I'm not sure if that is the best place to be.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home