• MennoMelange
  • Monday, February 06, 2006

    11 weeks to go

    I ran 15k on saturday. It was a good thing I did too, because as soon as I was done, it started snowing. It hasn't stopped since.
    So with all this long distance running, I start to have to eat something while I run. Now, totally running out of energy isnt something that I have experienced, nor do I want to. The thing is, I can't really tell if my running is being hurt by not eating until it is too late. I'm pretty much going on the advice of the coach when he says eat a gel at 45 minutes, and every 30 minutes after that. Now, there are lots of different gels and stuff like that, so how can I pick? Everyone has a different opinion. They all say 'experiment, figure out what works for you.' Ok. I've tried the power bar gel on a couple of runs, and it was ok, but kinda tough to eat. Next I'm going to try gummi bears. Yep, those gummi bears. I've heard they work, and it stands to reason... I mean, they are simple sugar. Granted, they dont have caffiene, or electrolytes or the Florida Gators as test subjects, but they are cheap. Anyway, the funny thing is that I was searching the net to find out if other runners have done a comparison between gels and gummi bears, and got a page full of links to breast implants. Way to go google.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home